Sunday, August 5, 2007

2007 Restaurant Week- Summer Edition



Summer Restaurant Week starts today!

If you live in the Boston area and you haven't heard of Restaurant Week, I encourage you to check out the official website and the unofficial guide.

From Sunday, August 5 - Friday, August 10 and Sunday, August 12 - Friday, August 17, you can enjoy a 3-course prix fixe lunch or dinner for $20.07 or $33.07, respectively, at participating restaurants in the Boston metro area. Some restaurants offer wine pairings for a small additional charge.

I've made reservations for L and myself at a restaurant we first (and last) visited during Restaurant Week 2005: La Morra in Brookline. The food was memorable, the wine reasonably priced and well-paired, and parking was surprisingly easy (no small consideration in Boston, and Brookline in particular). We still talk about the addictive fried green olives, and I could eat the desserts three times a day. Their menu for this go round can be found here. I can already guess which dishes L and I will choose!

We are limiting ourselves to two reservations this summer, and I'm having a tough time deciding on the second. I'm hoping we can agree on something soon, as Restaurant Week reservations go quickly!

What are you waiting for?

UPDATE: We weren't able to get reservations at lumière (
I waited too long), so our second reservation is at Sel de la Terre. I've heard rave reviews, and we've been wanting to go for a while. Their menu isn't posted, so this one will be a surprise. I can't wait!

No comments: